planning and development board Punjab
The Planning and Development Board, Government of Punjab, is the principal planning organization at the provincial level. It coordinates and monitors development programs and activities of various departments of the provincial government. The department also prepares an overall Medium Term Development Framework (MTDF) of developmental activities in the province. The Medium Term Development Framework lays down the developmental activities to be carried out in the province in various sectors of the provincial economy. In this manner, the Planning & Development Board is one of the main actors in the growth of the economic potential of the province.
The mandate of the Planning and Development Board includes provision of technical support and coordination to various Government departments in their planning activities. The department is also the main government agency working with foreign donors in the province.
The main objectives of the department are as follows:
• Assessment of the material and human resources of the province
• Formulation of long and short term plans
• Recommendations concerning prevailing economic conditions, economic policies or measures
• Examination of such economic problems as may be referred to it for advice
• Coordination of all economic activities in the provincial government
• Assist Procurement Specialist to prepare and update the procurement work plan
• Carry out the essential duties and responsibilities in the context of providing support to the procurement specialist on a full time basis and ensure efficient procurement and supplier management processes.
• Assist Procurement Specialist to prepare technical specifications from the procurement stand point of view, refine Terms of References (ToRs) and prepare Request for Proposals (RFPs), bidding documents, contracts and evaluation reports for the project using standard PPRA 2014 documents as per World Bank guidelines.
• Maintain all record and files of the procurement processes.
• Prepare and execute purchase orders and requisitions;
• Maintain contract management work plan and KPIs for smooth contract completion.
• Execute all of the above responsibilities in compliance with procurement laws, regulations and procedures of the World Bank/ Govt. of Punjab